1. Welcome to BedmaybeBreakfast! We are a community of AirBnB hosts and guests. Please join in our community and share your experience and opinion. It's FREE! Join HERE!
  2. We are looking for AirBnB enthusiasts interested in writing blogs. E-mail Barry at micasa@bedmaybebreakfast.com for more info. Writers will be compensated per article. The blogs section can be viewed here.

Understanding Guests

Discussion in 'Stories' started by brea, Apr 26, 2015.

1. brea

brea New Member

I recently had a couple staying with me and had to leave town for a family emergency. This couple was beyond understanding. They offered to help me by turning over the room for the next guests. They even offered to water my garden. It's so nice to have people stay that can be so compassionate. Luckily I had prepared the laundry ahead of time and I actually asked that the next guest make their own bed. They were understanding as well, and being another couple they were happy to have the place to themselves.

It all worked out fine, which made it easier to deal with my family problems.

Shirey, Rosatti and Estuarto like this.
  2. Estuarto

Estuarto Active Member

Compassion is such a heart warming quality. It is remarkable how guests do recognize the gesture of opening ones home to strangers. So often this feeling is returned and it makes it alll worthwhile. All the best with your family emergency.

Abby J, Rosatti and brea like this.
  3. Abby J

Abby J Member

I've had a guest give me a ride to work. Accidentally given my boyfriend my car keys and knew the guests were heading in the right direction. I later thanked them with some swiss chocolates I got from a co-worker. I wouldn't ask all guests for such a favor, but sometimes you know people are apperciative of your hosting and almost eager to recipricate with a gesture of gratitude.

4. Shirey

Shirey Member

9f52528a0710d778dbae2e822022d97d.jpg

KJR likes this.
  5. Rosatti

Rosatti Member

6. kwame

kwame New Member

I have met very friendly and considerate folks hosting here in the UK for 8 months.