1. Welcome to BedmaybeBreakfast! We are a community of AirBnB hosts and guests. Please join in our community and share your experience and opinion. It's FREE! Join HERE!
  2. We are looking for AirBnB enthusiasts interested in writing blogs. E-mail Barry at micasa@bedmaybebreakfast.com for more info. Writers will be compensated per article. The blogs section can be viewed here.

The guest that never sleeps at house

Discussion in 'Stories' started by Estuarto, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Estuarto

Estuarto Active Member

I had a young man come to stay a few weeks back. He had previously lived here to attend college so he wanted to visit some old friends for the weekend. He arrived on Friday afternoon and by early evening he had cleaned up and prepared himself for a night out. He left at 6pm and returned at 8am. "Good night out?" I asked. He said yea, he ended up meeting some folks and sleeping on their couch. He was in for a shower and out for a breakfast with some more friends he had to see. In the early evening he returned again and showered. He did get his money worth on showering! He headed out abou the same time again, 6pm. I thought I'm sure he will be back relatively early tonight he must be exhausted. But nope, he cruised back in the front door at 9am the next day. Another good night out I could tell as his eyes were weary and his cologne odor replaced by booze. This time he said he hadn't slept much that they had been up all night playing games and he "had a blast". Easy enough. I could tell he never even laid in the bed, and it was one less load of laundry I had to do before the next guests arrival.

Rosatti and jindoh like this.
  2. jindoh

jindoh New Member

I much prefer when the guest doesn't end up sleeping than if they bring unregistered guests to sleep!

I had a guy come recently to visit his girlfriend and he never stayed at the house. He was never even at the house. I guess he needed to have a place just in case it didn't go as he hoped.

3. Rosatti

Rosatti Member

Better yet is the cancellation on my strict policy meaning I get the full booking amount and never even see a guest.

4. SI MON

SI MON New Member

Why doesn't AirBnB allow you to rebook the room after the guest cancels last minute? I don't see any reason to not get paid twice. Don't they want to get double the fees?

5. lyly

lyly New Member

I've had a few of the opposite experiences. Stayed at two places where the host never sleeps at the house. One of them I think had a significant other to stay with. The other I never met but they musta lived nearby.