1. Welcome to BedmaybeBreakfast! We are a community of AirBnB hosts and guests. Please join in our community and share your experience and opinion. It's FREE! Join HERE!
  2. We are looking for AirBnB enthusiasts interested in writing blogs. E-mail Barry at micasa@bedmaybebreakfast.com for more info. Writers will be compensated per article. The blogs section can be viewed here.

Single women hosting

Discussion in 'Hosts' started by Jackson, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Jackson

Jackson Member

My friend D wants to start renting out her guest room in Austin. I'm always babbling about my AirBnB to her and she has been here before to see it for herself. She's always checking my page and commenting on my reviews and asking about my guests. I think she will be a great host, plus I get a referral bonus. The only thing is she has expressed some worry for hosting and her safety. She is 42, lives alone, and is extra sweet. I told her I think the verification system is generally effective, but that she should consider only hosting women and couples to begin with. She can put that in her listing. I also told her to make sure guests have a photo, and a prior review. Anyone have any other advice?

2. Matt S

Matt S Active Member

Has she tried using AirBnB as a guest? I always find that's a good way to introduce yourself to it and to see how other hosts are making it work for them. She could find a single woman hosting, I think it's pretty common.

Estuarto likes this.
  3. Estuarto

Estuarto Active Member

Brings up an interesting debate - Is a single woman hosting men more dangerous then women or couples?

4. Carolyn

Carolyn Member

I would never host a single male in my house. Even though I know that most people aren't dangerous I just wouldn't be comfortable. I wouldn't even if I had two bathrooms. I wouldn't feel safe. Maybe I'm too paranoid.

5. siannon

siannon New Member

I don't allow single men to stay here either. My most recent inquiry was a man wanting to rent by the month and stay for almost a year! His wife supposedly made the inquiry for him, but who knows? It was from a member named "Thomas" but the inquiry said, "My name is Gabrielle and I am looking for a place for my husband to stay while he is working near your house at a hospital..." Ok, maybe, but maybe not.

6. Kirsty

Kirsty New Member

I would never host a single male or couple to be honest in my house if I were alone. You just don't know what could go wrong.