1. Welcome to BedmaybeBreakfast! We are a community of AirBnB hosts and guests. Please join in our community and share your experience and opinion. It's FREE! Join HERE!
  2. We are looking for AirBnB enthusiasts interested in writing blogs. E-mail Barry at micasa@bedmaybebreakfast.com for more info. Writers will be compensated per article. The blogs section can be viewed here.

Review time

Discussion in 'Guests' started by Moonman, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Moonman

Moonman New Member

I had my first stay at an AirBnB. It was great. No breakfast but I didn't care. The next day I got a notice to leave a review and did. When will the host review me? I'm looking to book another place for an upcoming conference and I think I will have better luck with a review under my belt.

Of course that is assuming it's a good review.
  2. Castle Woman

Castle Woman Active Member

It's possible they won't leave a review. They have 14 days to do so. AirBnB will send several reminders. They also got an e-mail notification that you have left a review. If they don't leave one after 14 days then your review will appear on their profile and they won't be able to leave you one. You could nag them and send a message asking if they would kindly review you as you are hoping that a review can help your chances booking another place.

"You each have 14 days to complete your reviews. When they're both done, or at the end of the review period, you'll be able to see what the other wrote."
  3. Sandy

Sandy Active Member

Hi Moonman.

Airbnb really bugs hosts to leave reviews (probably guests too). The only time I don't review, is when I really didn't enjoy hosting the person, but don't want to confront it. This could be for a number of reasons, not paying attention to our guidelines, unpleasant, loud, filthy. Otherwise I always do.

But I'm not sure if all hosts do. It might take them a bit to get to it. Sometimes if I am cranky at having put up with someone I wait a few days to calm down to write some kind of innocuous review rather than the scathing one that I'd write after seeing the mess the morning of. Obviously I am harder to please than most people that just seem to love hosting and seem to find all their guests so charming though. I've already traveled extensively and if anything find the dorks that come up for their getaways a bore rather than the exciting people others find - although many have interesting jobs. But jobs just don't interest me much. Oh. I do go on!

I hope they give you a good review. I always try to find something pleasant despite my cantankerous attitude and my less than loving feeling for hosting. I think most hosts are the same.
  4. Sister Moon

Sister Moon New Member

Funny reading your post Sandy. I am in the process of leaving a bad review. The first one ever. But the guests have been so inconsiderate, loud and dirty that I feel it is my duty to warn other hosts and give these guests a chance to think back on their behaviour. It's taking me a week to write it and I am not done yet, but time is running out so I must post it by tomorrow. I am trying to be as neutral and constructive as possible but still stating all facts. Sooo hard!!
    Has anyone lese left less than positive reviews?
  5. Sandy

Sandy Active Member

Well done Sistermoon. I have wanted to leave less than positive reviews a number of times, but my husband always talks me out of it, because he is so anti- confrontational, he can't even face people through the Internet! I usually just leave something that's not as positive as my usual and hope people can read between the lines, or don't review at all. But that's going to change.
    Last edited: May 28, 2015
  6. Castle Woman

Castle Woman Active Member

Yuck that sounds like a bad one. And AirBnB removed your negative review?! I am interested to hear more of this incident you had @Sandy but I think this thread has deviated considerably from the original topic. May I suggest we start a new thread or perhaps move some of your post to the thread about worst guests?
  7. Sandy

Sandy Active Member

Right. Sorry about that. I went right off track. I'll remove the section and repost. Cheers.

Yes. I gave a fairly straight up review of the experience, including that they tried to get their money back at the threat of a bad review if we didn't. Airbnb removed the review, and the guests from hell were allowed to go on happily booking, without anyone any the wiser. Airbnb claimed that you couldn't mention 'blackmail', even though they agreed wholeheartedly that they could see that is exactly what had occurred through the airbnb messaging. Why on earth can't you alert hosts to guests that try to blackmail? Why are guests that use blackmail allowed to continue to use the service? I was horrified. Trust was destroyed.
    Last edited: May 28, 2015