1. Welcome to BedmaybeBreakfast! We are a community of AirBnB hosts and guests. Please join in our community and share your experience and opinion. It's FREE! Join HERE!
  2. We are looking for AirBnB enthusiasts interested in writing blogs. E-mail Barry at micasa@bedmaybebreakfast.com for more info. Writers will be compensated per article. The blogs section can be viewed here.

No internet as promised

Discussion in 'Guests' started by Stephen Handon, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Stephen Handon

Stephen Handon New Member

Hey AirBnB buddies. Stephen here in Portland, staying at a nice condo in the city. Only concerning thing is that the internet isn't functioning. I've traveled to Starbucks to find a connection, but this frustrates me as I use the internet for work and was depending on a connection in the condo. I have messaged the property manager but no response yet. Should I ask for a refund? I even had asked when I booked that the internet is good and was assured it was ok.
  2. Matt S

Matt S Active Member

I feel for you as I am a bit of a wifi junkie. Of course I have a good data plan on the phone but I really like to stretch out with my laptop. Have you seen if you can locate the modem/router in the condo and reset it by unplugging for a few minutes? I know this is the most commong first-step to troubleshooting.
    Castle Woman likes this.
  3. Estuarto

Estuarto Active Member

Did you hear back from the host? Did you try the reset? These things happen, it could be the host hasn't paid the bill, it could be the internet company is at fault. I don't think it would be wrong to ask for some compensation for not having the amenities you were counting on. I would be pretty unhappy to have to go to Starbucks to work myself.
  4. Castle Woman

Castle Woman Active Member

I have problems with my router, I think I need a new one. About twice a month it will only allow access to certain sites like Google. Then I just unplug it and plug it back in real quick and viola it's fixed. I have included the description of how to reset the router in my welcome sheet that's in the room. That way if I'm not around it's easy for a guest to reset the WIFI.
    Estuarto likes this.
  5. Estuarto

Estuarto Active Member

I'm guessing the OP reset and enjoyed the rest of the trip in the comforts of home wifi.
    Matt S likes this.