1. Welcome to BedmaybeBreakfast! We are a community of AirBnB hosts and guests. Please join in our community and share your experience and opinion. It's FREE! Join HERE!
  2. We are looking for AirBnB enthusiasts interested in writing blogs. E-mail Barry at micasa@bedmaybebreakfast.com for more info. Writers will be compensated per article. The blogs section can be viewed here.

New pricing tools in beta

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Abby J, May 8, 2015.

1. Abby J

Abby J Member

2. Castle Woman

Castle Woman Active Member

These additions might be a bit overboard, it's not my company but if it were I'd iton out all the other kinks first.

3. Matt S

Matt S Active Member

When searching for a place to stay I see there is a new faint bar graph representation above the price slider that shows what pricing the majority of listings fall into.

pricing.png

Rhonda likes this.
  4. Rosatti

Rosatti Member

No new pricing tools in my dashboard. Must be for the special hosts :eek:

5. Estuarto

Estuarto Active Member

6. Matt S

Matt S Active Member

Aha I see now I have access to the pricing tools. I guess the beta is over. It suggests I up my prices 20% for this month and it says.

"Based on demand and your listing’s attributes, you’re more likely to get booked at these prices."

Hmm, I charge more and I am more likely to get booked. They could be right. Should I up my prices 20%? I have about half of the days available for June that I could do so.

7. Shirey

Shirey Member

I find this tool to be insightful. Last week I used it to price my room for Comicon. Comicon is the busiest weekend in San Diego. I think last year somewhere around 100k+ tourists came for the convention. The price tips suggests I make my price 3x my usual rate for this particular weekend. I am pretty sure they are right. It also has July 4th weekend almost 2x the normal rate. July is good for AirBnB. I remember last year July was the first month I covered all of my expenses with AirBnB revenue.

8. Castle Woman

I just logged in to the web-site for the first time in awhile. I forgot how much quicker it is to use my Macbook compared to the Iphone. The pricing features look useful, I am prettty close with my prices. I wonder if it's considering cleaning fees in the calculations and comparrisons. I did notice a few weekends that are recommended I price higher and am going to try that advice.

9. Estuarto

Estuarto Active Member

Castle Woman likes this.
  10. Castle Woman

Over my head as well, I'll just presume it to know more then I do and do what it says! :rolleyes:

Estuarto likes this.
  11. Matt S

Matt S Active Member

I've been thinking more about it and think I will try the higher prices suggested. Hard to tell how it will fair because July is one of the busiest months already in LA. Maybe August being the busiest?