1. Welcome to BedmaybeBreakfast! We are a community of AirBnB hosts and guests. Please join in our community and share your experience and opinion. It's FREE! Join HERE!
  2. We are looking for AirBnB enthusiasts interested in writing blogs. E-mail Barry at micasa@bedmaybebreakfast.com for more info. Writers will be compensated per article. The blogs section can be viewed here.

Never made booking but holding my money

Discussion in 'Guests' started by Lucas, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Lucas

Lucas New Member

I made a reservation request for a room but the host didn't accept. I actually cancelled within 10 minutes of the request. But AirBnB is holding my money when I check my bank account online. How long are they going to hold my money for? Seems a little ridiculous that I didn't even book the room but I'm without the funds.
  2. Abby J

Abby J Member

The authorization / pending charge / hold on payment for your booking request may take up to 7 days to release depending on your bank. The problem is that they want to insure guests have the funds available if indeed the booking goes through. Why it takes so long to get this hold released in some instances is a bit absurd.
    Matt S likes this.
  3. Matt S

Matt S Active Member

They say up to 7 days but it should be 24 hours, maybe up to 3 days at worst.
    Abby J likes this.