1. Welcome to BedmaybeBreakfast! We are a community of AirBnB hosts and guests. Please join in our community and share your experience and opinion. It's FREE! Join HERE!
  2. We are looking for AirBnB enthusiasts interested in writing blogs. E-mail Barry at micasa@bedmaybebreakfast.com for more info. Writers will be compensated per article. The blogs section can be viewed here.

My Guests a Pro Chef

Discussion in 'Stories' started by Shirey, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Shirey

Shirey Member

I had a lovely couple from New Zealand visit last night. Such warm hearted travelers. I came home from a late night at work and found them making the most beautiful scents in the kitchen. Immediately they offered to let me join them for their dinner. Turns out James is a professional chef. It was such a treat to enjoy a different take on food prepared in my own home. I opened a cherished bottle of a French Pinot Noir and we had the best meal I've experienced in months. A brillian take on chicken caciatore, a beet and undescribable green salad with homemade vinagrette dressing, and a lentil soup with avacado and cilantro from the garden. Unforgettable flavors, conversation, and love. I'm sad they will depart today. All day I thought to myself, who is hosting who?

KJR, brea and Lucy Burrows like this.
  2. Castle Woman

Castle Woman Active Member

That is a delightful experience @Shirey! I had a professional Bassoonist from the philharmonic stay with me once. A few times I got to hear him practicing in the living room. So special, I'll never forget those sounds gracing my abode.

Shirey and Lucy Burrows like this.
  3. Lucy Burrows

Lucy Burrows New Member

I have only been hosting for a few months but I have met some wonderful people. Travelers, fine art collectors, tech start-up founders, and even a professional mountain biker.

4. brea

brea New Member

I had a guest bake me a lovely frittata once. It made me think - who is hosting who here? :)

Shirey likes this.
  5. Shirey

Shirey Member

I'm inspired by my guests to cook, to travel, to see new things in my own city. AirBnB has brought a new excitement to my life through meeting people from around the world.

6. Matt S

Matt S Active Member

I worked in kitchens as a Sous-Chef for over 5 years. I always cook extra and offer it to guests, if they don't want it I have more for myself for later. Food is an interesting aspect of the AirBnB experience. I like that it's all optional and up to the host. I generally approach it guest by guest and dependent on my availability.