1. Welcome to BedmaybeBreakfast! We are a community of AirBnB hosts and guests. Please join in our community and share your experience and opinion. It's FREE! Join HERE!
  2. We are looking for AirBnB enthusiasts interested in writing blogs. E-mail Barry at micasa@bedmaybebreakfast.com for more info. Writers will be compensated per article. The blogs section can be viewed here.

Love at the AirBnB

Discussion in 'Stories' started by Jackson, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Jackson

Jackson Member

Two women from Scotland stayed with me last weekend for a night. One was more quiet but the other one I couldn't stop talking to. She was really interested in me and I was interested in her. I have only been to Europe once and went to Germany, that must have been 10 years ago. But I think we really hit it off, the eye contact was very strong. So since they left we have texted a lot. She has been telling me about how the rest of trip is going, and she asks me a lot about what I'm upto. Yesterday I thought it would be a good idea to facetime and we talked for hours. Now she heads back to Scotland tomorrow. I feel like we are already dating but we have only met once and had a short hug! Anyone else date with their guest or host?

She hasn't reviewed me yet so I have been reluctant to get real flirty but I know there is an attraction.

Matt S likes this.
  2. Elixirty

Elixirty New Member

Im gathering that you don't live anywhere near Scotland. I would think it hard to get a relationship going from across the ocean. I remember going to college and trying to maintain a three year highschool love. That lasted about 6 weeks. When it comes to love though, anything is possible. I don't know you or your situation.

3. KonaCoconutz

KonaCoconutz Active Member

I had a cute and single guest from Holland once.. He and I really chatted up a storm and I liked him a lot....and confess the thought crossed my mind to ask him up for a drink... And I think he fancied me too...but just didn't want to appear sleazy so didn't act further on it! Also he was younger so I might have been seen as a cougar...not that there's anything wrong with that! :)

Elixirty likes this.
  4. Elixirty

Elixirty New Member

Flirting isn't sleezy! The possibility of getting reviewed perhaps makes it uneasy.

5. Jackson

Jackson Member

Nowhere near Scotland you are right. I'm enjoying the attention for now. We will see how it goes!

6. Sandy

Sandy Active Member

It's definitely difficult, wondering if someone is getting mixed signals from a host that is just trying to be hospitable vs wanting more than that, or a guest seeking company or something further. It sounds like your lass is interested for sure Jackson. Many long term relationships last by one person moving to be with the other. I married a man on the other side of the world. In fact with the way it is these days, I think it's quite common. It's great you have taken it slowly. I would be cautious with romance in the airbnb setting, but each situation is unique.

7. Matt S

Matt S Active Member

Good move to wait for a review and then be more direct. Sandy is right you don't want to misread the signals and come off as a creep. But it sounds like you know what's up and it's probably love! I'll take an invitation to the wedding :)

8. Sandy

Sandy Active Member

Yes, definitely don't want to get yourself in trouble! Remember those stories of that creepy guy that advertised his place in Europe, except on his profile he presented himself the whole time as a girl? Then when the girls arrived, he pressured them into drinking some drugged drink? He raped quite a few women. He had lots and lots of good reviews. Obviously some bad, but hidden down below the first page where people were checking, and the price was right etc.

Sorry Jackson! That's nothing to do with you obviously.

9. Jackson

Jackson Member

We are still maintaining regular communications. Texting all day, video chats, it's a bit serious. But at the same time our relationship in person only exists for 24 hours. Tonight we talked about her coming to visit me for a week in August. I'm excited, but at the same time I feel a little crazy. It's hard to explain to my friends. AirBnB romance. Surprisingly there aren't more memoirs on the web.

Tessa likes this.
  10. Matt S

Matt S Active Member

How did her review of you go? :)

Jackson likes this.
  11. Jelly

Jelly New Member

I had a fling with a guest, we are both adults and knew what we were doing. Good reviews all around. :p

Jackson likes this.
  12. Jackson

Jackson Member

She complimented my pad but then went on to say I was the best part.

She is going to come visit at the end of August, she booked a flight today for a 9 day trip!!

Estuarto likes this.
  13. Estuarto

Estuarto Active Member

I can just see Jackson now on the next AirBnB commercial, a video of his wedding. Love at the AirBnB.