1. Welcome to BedmaybeBreakfast! We are a community of AirBnB hosts and guests. Please join in our community and share your experience and opinion. It's FREE! Join HERE!
  2. We are looking for AirBnB enthusiasts interested in writing blogs. E-mail Barry at micasa@bedmaybebreakfast.com for more info. Writers will be compensated per article. The blogs section can be viewed here.

leave keys out for checkin?

Discussion in 'Hosts' started by Abby J, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Abby J

Abby J Member

hi! do you all leave keys for guests to checkin? i have always made it a point to arrange a time when i can be home to have the guests arrive. guests can get frustrated with this sometimes. my last guest told me that all of his other hosts had left keys for him. he even suggested one host had a combination lock on the front door. who are you people leaving keys out for strangers?

2. SI MON

SI MON New Member

I was skeptical of having strangers in my house to begin with. The more you do it without incident the more you become comfortable with it. I leave a key under the planter in my front yard all the time now. On a few occasion I haven't even ever met the guests who stayed at my house. I haven't had any problems. I figure the insurance and verification process are good enough.

Abby J likes this.
  3. Castle Woman

Castle Woman Active Member

I always arrange to meet the guests myself.

Abby J likes this.
  4. Estuarto

Estuarto Active Member

I will leave keys out if it's not feasible to agree on a time for check-in. I have lots of different locations I use to vary it up. Never had a problem.

Abby J likes this.
  5. Shredder

Shredder Member

You can get a lockbox to hold key/s. Then you change the code whenever you want. Or also yes you can get a coded entry door, that's a bit more of an installation. They can be changed though as well.

Abby J and Castle Woman like this.
  6. Abby J

Abby J Member

7. Lucy Burrows

Lucy Burrows New Member

I'm always sure to meet the guests at home or even outside my office if need be. The office is really close to the house. I could see how if you have a couple of rooms, or a really busy schedule that getting a coded entry would be very benefitial.