1. Welcome to BedmaybeBreakfast! We are a community of AirBnB hosts and guests. Please join in our community and share your experience and opinion. It's FREE! Join HERE!
  2. We are looking for AirBnB enthusiasts interested in writing blogs. E-mail Barry at micasa@bedmaybebreakfast.com for more info. Writers will be compensated per article. The blogs section can be viewed here.

Keyword search

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Rosatti, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Rosatti

Rosatti Member

I am searching, somewhat aimlessly, for available places to stay. I wanted to do a search with a keyword filter of "beer" or "pizza" just for fun and low an behold they have removed that option. You no longer can refine results based on specific words of choice. Why would they do that?

2. Matt S

Matt S Active Member

Dang I hadn't noticed that. Unexplainable really. They are constantly tweaking little things here and there.

Rosatti likes this.
  3. Estuarto

Estuarto Active Member

In doing research for taxes I noticed the keyword search missing as well. I thought it a useful feature. Could a third-party create an AirBnB search system? Google can be pretty useful as the site is pretty well represented on the search engine. I find some pages of AirBnB site are easier to find using Google, the local tax info for instance.

Rosatti likes this.
  4. Matt S

Matt S Active Member

Now this feature missing has me totally annoyed. I am going to Seattle next week and having a hell of a time trying to use AirBnB. I have made inquiries to two places both of which declined instead of pre-approving, saying they aren't available, but they sure look available to me - still listed. Not even a response to my message. Now the stupid map isn't working so I can't see where any of the listings are, they are all in the ocean. Or maybe it's the sky.

And I would love to put "bike" or "bicycle" into the key search but there is none. COME ON!

Rosatti likes this.
  5. Rosatti

Rosatti Member

It really takes away part of the essence of sharing to me. Like Matt said he wants to search for bikes. How else can users find shared interests and offerrings that don't fit in the 30 amenities options. I like meeting these people staying in my home. As a guest I want to feel a connection to my host to enjoy their home. I've also been thinking that the personal details are a page away from the listing. Why not integrate that into the space, the neghborhoof, interraction, guest access. Who are all these matters in respect of?

6. Shredder

Shredder Member

I have a surfboard in my guest room and it shows in the first photo of my listing. This helps to attract some surfers for sure. They should maybe include a activities section for listings?