1. Welcome to BedmaybeBreakfast! We are a community of AirBnB hosts and guests. Please join in our community and share your experience and opinion. It's FREE! Join HERE!
  2. We are looking for AirBnB enthusiasts interested in writing blogs. E-mail Barry at micasa@bedmaybebreakfast.com for more info. Writers will be compensated per article. The blogs section can be viewed here.

Invited for a sail

Discussion in 'Stories' started by Rhonda, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Rhonda

Rhonda Member

Had a wonderful experience over the weekend. It was a beautiful day and my guest has been in town working on a sailboat restoration project. I was very intrigued by his passion for the open waters and every evening we would discuss his love for sailing. What great stories! On Friday night he must have taken notice of my interest and invited me for a sail on Saturday. I was a little hesitant at first but he is such a nice gentleman I couldn't say no. In the morning I prepared some lunch and packed the cooler with fruits and refreshments. We spent a wonderful 4 hours out on the bay just cruising in a 27' Catalalina. We listened to jazz radio, I got to do some tacking, and the whole day was simply delightful. This fella wouldn't even let me pay for part of the rental. He said in a few months he will be back to finish up his classic cruiser and we will have to give it a whirl as well.

Another friend made. Thanks AirBnB!

Randy Grinell likes this.
  2. Randy Grinell

Randy Grinell New Member

I remember my first sail I must have been about ten. My uncle took us out on a catamaran. At one point I had a 25 footer on a trailer myself. Haven't been out in moons. Would love to get back out on the water... I bet I can find a place to stay that is a boat or the host a boat enthusiast...

Rhonda likes this.
  3. Rhonda

Rhonda Member

I'm hooked. I didn't realize how many people I know that like sailing. What a wonderful world.

4. Matt S

Matt S Active Member

I went sailing once on the barefoot cruise in the carribean. Bigass boat! Much more my speed over a cruiseship experience.

5. Castle Woman

Castle Woman Active Member

I've never been sailing. Sounds delightful. I invited a guest out to the Columbus Community Fest last summer. Only because I knew they would enjoy it and we would get along. It was a blast, we ate junk food, checked out the people, and even danced a little bit at the sunset concert.