1. Welcome to BedmaybeBreakfast! We are a community of AirBnB hosts and guests. Please join in our community and share your experience and opinion. It's FREE! Join HERE!
  2. We are looking for AirBnB enthusiasts interested in writing blogs. E-mail Barry at micasa@bedmaybebreakfast.com for more info. Writers will be compensated per article. The blogs section can be viewed here.

Huge drop in search, new neighborhood function!

Discussion in 'Hosts' started by Carolyn, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Carolyn

Carolyn Member

Hi everyone, OMG I have dropped drastically in search results! Has this happened to any of you?
    Apparently Airbnb has changed the "search by neighborhood" function. However, even if I click on the map to specify my neighborhood, I still come up on page 6 of about 300 listings. I had always appeared on the first page of those same 300 listings. So, somehow I think the new "Neighborhood" search has also re-distributed listings.

I'm in an area of Los Angeles that has a LOT of competition. Now I'm WAY down in the search results, and the listings that show up ahead of mine have fewer reviews and lower overall ratings.
    <<Why am I working so hard??>>

Has anyone else seen their listing drop severely, in searches?
    I know the Neighborhood search only applies to big cities, but even if I search my general area, not specifying the neighborhood, I'm much lower than I was before.
    Help!!!

2. Kirsty

Kirsty New Member

Yes. I had a airbnb photographer come around and she told us a few tricks. She advised that you need to update your pricing every day to maintain at the top. Perhaps test this by changing it by $1 or so search then change back.

3. Matt S

Matt S Active Member

I actually noticed I've moved back up. I think it's the new ranking system that shows your star rankings as a decimal. Like 4.8 stars in my case.