1. Welcome to BedmaybeBreakfast! We are a community of AirBnB hosts and guests. Please join in our community and share your experience and opinion. It's FREE! Join HERE!
  2. We are looking for AirBnB enthusiasts interested in writing blogs. E-mail Barry at micasa@bedmaybebreakfast.com for more info. Writers will be compensated per article. The blogs section can be viewed here.

Guests star ratings

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Abby J, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Abby J

Abby J Member

I noticed that I have star ratings in my listing. After a stay along with the review the guests rate me by stars. I do the same to them, but I never see what guests star ratings are. What gives?

Castle Woman likes this.
  2. Castle Woman

Castle Woman Active Member

You are right Abby J. It is odd that we rate guests with stars but those stars never "shine" :) I have noticed a guest once who in their review had the stars written out for them by their host. That host must have been thinking the same thing as you and decided to take it upon themselves to leave a star rating that would be visible. Interesting idea, but too time consuming for me.

3. Estuarto

Estuarto Active Member

I'm not a fan of the 5 star system in any application really. I can see how it can be helpful to quickly get an overall quantified feel for a review but it's so relative. 1 bad egg can desimate a star rating, especially if you don't have so many to help the average back up. I've always been annoyed by the screen as I review the guest and it asks me the stars. I never did consider though as @Abby J is pointing out that there are no use for them seemingly. When you stay as a guest I think it's 7 stars you have to judge plus the review. 7 STARS!! Excessive.

Jackson likes this.
  4. Jackson

Jackson Member

I've read that Uber drivers get "deactivated" at less than four and a half stars. Do AirBnB hosts get "deactivated"? Do guests?

5. Shirey

Shirey Member

I have heard with Uber that drivers rate the passengers, but as a passenger I can't see my own rating! These star rating systems are pretty controversial in general.

6. Rosatti

Rosatti Member

Untitled-9.jpg
    Was looking at listings and noticed a shared room in SF with 5 reviews for $70. It has 4.5 stars overall and in the categories it's all 5 stars except cleanliness is marked to 4.5 stars. This alone doesn't make sense. How can a listing be 4.5 stars overall and 5 of 6 categories are 5 star and 1 is 4.5.

Rhonda likes this.
  7. Rhonda

Rhonda Member

That doesn't have much sense to it now does it.