1. Welcome to BedmaybeBreakfast! We are a community of AirBnB hosts and guests. Please join in our community and share your experience and opinion. It's FREE! Join HERE!
  2. We are looking for AirBnB enthusiasts interested in writing blogs. E-mail Barry at micasa@bedmaybebreakfast.com for more info. Writers will be compensated per article. The blogs section can be viewed here.

Dont be too tough on Airbnb rentals

Discussion in 'News' started by SI MON, May 29, 2015.

1. SI MON

SI MON New Member

2. Estuarto

Estuarto Active Member

Interesting info in that article @SI MON.

Councilman saying “We have a new economy coming and we do not want to kill it.” That's smart.

Not sure where they get this info but I find it interesting:
    "three-fourths of the properties up for rent are located outside of typical hotel districts."

"airbnb guests generally stay longer than do hotel guests, five nights as opposed to 2.8. They also spend more money, mostly at businesses in the neighborhoods where they stay."

Yea regulate AirBnBs, make it fair. 30 days limit isn't a good idea in my opinion.

3. SI MON

SI MON New Member

The silly government. Think how much time and energy is wasted trying to come up with these regulations. Why not just make it statewide! 30 day limit basically kills the business. I haven't seen anyone else enacting that and if they did how would they enforce it. The news is good in this regard, they shed light on the governments silly considerations and make it easy to compare what other cities are doing. Sacramento will figure it out, won't they?