1. Welcome to BedmaybeBreakfast! We are a community of AirBnB hosts and guests. Please join in our community and share your experience and opinion. It's FREE! Join HERE!
  2. We are looking for AirBnB enthusiasts interested in writing blogs. E-mail Barry at micasa@bedmaybebreakfast.com for more info. Writers will be compensated per article. The blogs section can be viewed here.

Bed question

Discussion in 'Hosts' started by Locale I, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Locale I

Locale I New Member

I'm a potential host (still working out all the kinks on how to make this work) who would be offering a private room and shared bathroom in a charming, quiet home. I have so much to offer a guest - privacy, amenities, close to a major city (15-20 mins to downtown), house and room beautifully decorated, etc etc

My major concern is that the room has a twin bed (foam mattress with optional down or gel topper) and not enough room for a full bed (possibly but too me it would look cramped) I literally just bought the bed as I had a friend staying with me a few weeks ago and she has several health issues and I wanted the room and bed to be as relaxing and comfortable as possible for her. She said the bed was very comfortable. I loathe the idea of putting in a new bed after just buying one but wonder if a twin bed would be a deterrent? I actually can't sleep comfortably on anything less than a full/double but those are my issues. I plan on marketing the room to solo travelers, as really, I think one person is all I can handle to start. Thoughts?

2. Estuarto

Estuarto Active Member

I thin your bed will work great! You will only deter some that want to try to put 2 in your room. You can set your limit to one guest to make that more clear.

James Wangsness and Matt S like this.
  3. James Wangsness

James Wangsness New Member

It's been a while since you posted about your bed issue. I was wondering how it's turned out. I'm a host who only offers single accommodation in my fairly large one-bedroom house. I could offer it to 2 people but the problem is, as with your place, there's just one bathroom; and that's a big deal for me. I can handle coordinating the morning shower/poop and pee ritual with one person, but when you add another into the mix it gets tricky because I'm on a fairly tight schedule. I need to get showered and shaved and out the door within a certain time frame so I can be to work on time.

You're not going to make that much more with having a 2nd person there, and the inconvenience is not worth it. You also attract a different type of traveler, my type. Loners! lol

Estuarto likes this.