1. Welcome to BedmaybeBreakfast! We are a community of AirBnB hosts and guests. Please join in our community and share your experience and opinion. It's FREE! Join HERE!
  2. We are looking for AirBnB enthusiasts interested in writing blogs. E-mail Barry at micasa@bedmaybebreakfast.com for more info. Writers will be compensated per article. The blogs section can be viewed here.

An idea

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Matt S, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Matt S

Matt S Active Member

I have an idea for a thirdparty service or one that could be incorporated into AirBnB. I probably should patent it or seek investors but figure I'd rather just share it and see what others think.

@Rhonda posted in another thread about having a world map with all of her guests marking their origin. It would be cool if AirBnB at the least created a visual of this on their site. It would be easy for them to present your guest history on a map by using guests location. But what if they took it a step further and they provided a printed version. Moreover I think it would be of even more interest to hosts to be able to get a guestbook printed. I would like it if I could have a physical copy of all my reviews. Well... All but a few. Perhaps you can select which ones you want to print. And for guests too. If you are an avid traveler it would be cool to see where you have been on the map. And reviews from your hosts. The guestbook should include the profile photos.

This could be a third-party app, but they might need to access your dashboard. I know they have something of this nature with Sherpashare where the software reads rideshare drivers weekly stats and presents more statistics for the driver and for all drivers.

Just some ideas.

Rosatti likes this.
  2. Estuarto

Estuarto Active Member

With so many third-party management services available for AirBnB it is surprising nobody has gotten into this market of providing goods for guests or hosts. You have some interesting ideas @Matt S.

3. Castle Woman

Castle Woman Active Member

I'd love to have a guest book made with my AirBnB reviews. Get your business up and running Matt S and I'll buy one. My only thought is that once I get it I will have already had more reviews. This might be more of a retire from AirBnB purchase. Heck the company should offer it to hosts with over 100 bookings free of charge. But then your business idea is shot.

4. Rosatti

Rosatti Member

Maybe if you get Superhost for 5 years they print you a guest book :eek:

5. Shirey

Shirey Member

I love the idea of seeing a map of where all my guests have come from.

6. Rosatti

Rosatti Member

Matt S likes this.
  7. Matt S

Matt S Active Member